Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Specific Start and end times for layers

Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Is there any way to start and stop a layer at a specific time in the composition?

For example, let's say I would like the layer to start at 00:02:00 and stop at 1:02:00?

Is there a short cut or something I can click on to specify that time? I am having to go through and type in the time for each start and stop time for many layers and it is very time consuming. 

Thank you

JD

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to spend some time with the User Guide. It's nearly impossible to just open AE and start poking around. At least go through the Learn section of the Home Screen and check out the Learn workspace.

Move the CTI to where you want a layer to start and use Alt/Option + [ to set the in point. Move down the timeline to the desired out poiint and press Alt/Option + ] to set the out point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello

Thank you for the comment.  I have gone through the learner section.   I was just looking for a faster method.  I found it.  Thank you.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on what exactly you need to do, you could use the Sequence Layer option, this option will help you if your layers must be separated at the same distance and time creating a layer ladder, like making a collage of images.

Captura de pantalla 2020-07-23 a la(s) 12.35.53.png

For example, if my composition lasts 10 seconds, in my case each layer would move 1 second and would be mounted on the next layer in 9 seconds.

Captura de pantalla 2020-07-23 a la(s) 12.37.34.png

It is not very accurate but it can be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I saw that I could set the input in the input column and then set the end point in the time line and then trim it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines