Spinning or rotating logo issue

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have a logo that I want to present in a rotating way.
During that rotation there is 2x a small white disturbance over the logo, once at the top left and once at the top right. I can't find out where it comes from, so i can't solve 😞 

I hope someone with experience can help me out.

project : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OTK7ZEajU9YasNA-x5tPKlLbkSCAzhPg/view?usp=sharing

result : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lW23x-0uj0VpkgrBaRpGi8nCJP8fdwCO/view?usp=sharing

Many Thanks,

Johan 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you created this by just using several copies of a flat 2d layer, yes? We're simply seeing a frame where all (or most) of them are perfectly on-edge to our view, and thus they basically disappear. Hold a piece of paper up in front of your face, then turn it 90º - same effect. 

You'll either need to cheat this by creating another layer, rotated properly to "fill" this gap in the rotation, or tweak your rotation so we never actually see this frame where the illusion falls apart.

Alternatively, you could use the Cinema 4D 3d rendering engine (or Cineware with an actual 3d object from C4D) for this object, and have it extruded for real. 

Let us know if you need more guidance on this!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Johan reached out for more information, so I'll see if I can help clarify.

I'm guessing you used some third-party script to build this?
In short, this is the old way of making fake-3D stuff in After Effects, and there are now better ways to do it. It's fixable, but probably not the approach I would recommend anymore. 
This seemed much easier to talk through than to type out. Hopefully this demonstration helps clear up your question a bit better.
The other alternative is to actually create this as true 3d object using Cinema 4D Lite (which is included with your After Effects install), but that requires learning an entirely new program, so probably isn't the right suggestion here.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Kyle,

thanks for the clarification and guidelines how to solve this !

I will need to do some practice 🙂

Kind Regards,

Johan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines