• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spray animation

Enthusiast ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a how-to and/or is it possible question from a low-level neophyte in After Effects. I'm wondering if there is a way to create an animation that simulates the spray from the nozzle of a trigger spray bottle, like windex or other spray products. I have trolled Google and YouTube with searches for info on this and have come up with zilch.

Thanks in advance to those who know more than me,

Joe

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joe. Yes you can get that happening with any particle system. Have a look at the Particle World effect that comes with AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Cycore Particle effects, specifically CC Particle World is probably the closest standard particle system that could give you a fairly decent spray bottle effect. It will also interact with AE's camera. 

The best set of tutorials on the entire CC suite that comes with After Effects is on the Cycore website, but it's very hard to find. I would start here: SAMPLES & TUTORIALS

That link will take you to a CC Particle World demo file you can download and experiment with. CC Particle world will let you stick particles to a floor, so you'll have to rotate the layer to make it look like a wall, but that's probably the closest you can get with AE's stock set of plugins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks to all for the replies. I was thinking the particle function might be the way to go. I am off to experiment,

Thanks again,

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines