Highlighted

Stabilization failed

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I'm very new to the Adobe Community (and French so excuse my English).

After seeing a Youtube tutorial on how to create a hyperlaspe using After Effect from a RAW/JPEG images sequence, I decided to try the software.

The issue is that after I followed step by step the tutorial I keep getting the same error message "Stabilization failed".
What I do :
- create new comp
- import file (I select the first picture in my folder and check importer sequence)
- I drag and drop my footage to below of the screen
- I go to Effects and Presents panel and search for Warp Stabilizer
- I drag and drop the effect on my footage
- after processing I get the error message "Stabilization failed"

I tried to do that using RAW and JPEG files and still get the error message. For this test I just used 5 pictures.
And for information I have 16Gb RAM DDR4, a Ryzen 3600 and a 1070.
Could you please help me ?

Thanks 🙂

1.jpg

2.jpg

  

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Stabilization failed

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I'm very new to the Adobe Community (and French so excuse my English).

After seeing a Youtube tutorial on how to create a hyperlaspe using After Effect from a RAW/JPEG images sequence, I decided to try the software.

The issue is that after I followed step by step the tutorial I keep getting the same error message "Stabilization failed".
What I do :
- create new comp
- import file (I select the first picture in my folder and check importer sequence)
- I drag and drop my footage to below of the screen
- I go to Effects and Presents panel and search for Warp Stabilizer
- I drag and drop the effect on my footage
- after processing I get the error message "Stabilization failed"

I tried to do that using RAW and JPEG files and still get the error message. For this test I just used 5 pictures.
And for information I have 16Gb RAM DDR4, a Ryzen 3600 and a 1070.
Could you please help me ?

Thanks 🙂

1.jpg

2.jpg

  

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 12, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't look like any footage that could be stabilized using automated methods. You have to realize that this stuff isn't magical and it's important to shoot the footage suitably to begin with. An extremely blurry background and a large dark area in the foreground simply won't have enough contrast for the algorithms to work their magic. At best I could imagine this requiring some traditional stabilization using teh old 2D tracker and carefully placed markers, but even that may not work. In any case, impossible to make a final judgement without seeing the whole sequence, but you should be prepared that this may not work at all or at least require a lot of extra effort.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 12, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mylenium and thanks for your answer.

So do you think I should take all the pictures I need for my hyperlapse and then try to stabilize them instead of trying with 5 almost random pictures ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 12, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, definitely. Keep the sequence as smooth as possible and use all frames you have. You can always remove unwanted frames later by cutting things up after having pre-composed the stabilization or using Timewarp/ Time-Remapping to further smooth out the sequence and skip over frames you don't want to be visible while potentially even getting some interesting motion blur.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 12, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stabilizing will only work if there is some fixed geometry (objects) in the scene and their position does not change very much from one frame to another. Even with video, if you shoot a handheld shot of the ocean that shows just the water with a bunch of speed boats moving and there is no horizon and not shore, there is nothing to stabilize because every shape or object in the frame is moving in a random way. 

Shoot a telephoto shot of hundreds of people on a crowded sidewalk and don't include any of the buildings in the shot and you have another shot that will not warp stabilize because everything is moving in different directions. 

5 pictures is not nearly enough. That is only 5 frames, which is small fraction of a second. There isn't anything to stabilize.

Hyperlapse is difficult because there may be way too much movement between frames for calculations to be made. There is also usually not any motion blur, which in small amounts, actually helps the software figure out what is moving in the scene. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 12, 2020 0
Vaelyn LATEST
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to both of you I better understand how it works.
Now I'll have to take all my pictures, keeping the same focus point in my frame and try do about a hundred shots.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 12, 2020 0