• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stereoscopic VR in AE? Camera export C4D stereoscopic VR to AE?

Engaged ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey

I'm trying to figure out a VR workflow for a big upcoming project.

In C4D it is very easy to create a full 360 VR in stereo with standard renders or Redshift.

Problem is that the .AEC export does not contain Stereo Camera for AE or the CineWare export also just adds 1 camera (probably the middle one).  But even if you can fake the stereocams manually, AE still cannot do a Spherical camera like C4D. You can use the VR Comp editor (skybox) but It will create 6 camera's and those will not be stereo.

So are we to early to expect a full 360 VR Stereo  workflow from Cinema to AE?

I got element 3D in Stereo3D/VR  working by manually making top/bottom comp from S3D plugin.

It works great. But that is a setup made from scratch in AE. It gets difficult when you have a stereo VR video and you need to add 3D stereoscopic elements  (not flat text or motiongraphics).

And the biggest struggle is getting C4D stereo camera's into AE but I think this option is not possible yet? Maybe Nuke or DF is needed for compositing?

The only option I got now is prerendering all 2D text/overlay animations and map them on polygon's in Cinema and just renders out the full scene in Stereo. With the big dissadvantage of needing to rerender the whole animation if you need to adjust one 2D animation.

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello im having kind of the same question:

currently working on a 3d motion  enviroment made in ae from scratch and i want to have the option to render it out in stereo any solutions in ae without workarounds?

thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried the "Create VR Environment" option from the Composition>VR menu? I know that had stereo 360 options.

I'm in a similar situation where I'm rendering VR180 (stereo spherical) animations from C4D, but want to composite some 2D elements into the scene in AE. Haven't found a way. But I think Adobe Premiere has more VR options. I watched a tutorial on Youtube by Hugh Hoe where he took 3D 360 video and added text/2d overlays on top of the video in Premiere and set those elements as "3D" so he can control where they are in Z space and it also creates the proper spherical warping to match the spherical camera. That might be your best bet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines