Highlighted

STOP IT! Latent auto Cinema 4D setup during After Effect update

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Earlier here - the question of the forced installation of Cinema 4D along with the installation of After Effect has already been raised! But the Adobe representative did not give a reasonable answer why every time After Effect is updated - Adobe Creative Cloud installs an additional 3D package from Maxon. Adobe, are you going to remove it? Or should I write some kind of letter to the appropriate authorities that you impose third-party software on users? If Adobe has a contract with Maxon, this does not mean that users have to waste their internet traffic due to the mandatory installation of a 3D package, which can be downloaded additionally from After Effect or Creative Cloud Desktop. Not to mention the fact that you wasted my time, that I had to write here about this problem.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Expressions, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

STOP IT! Latent auto Cinema 4D setup during After Effect update

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Earlier here - the question of the forced installation of Cinema 4D along with the installation of After Effect has already been raised! But the Adobe representative did not give a reasonable answer why every time After Effect is updated - Adobe Creative Cloud installs an additional 3D package from Maxon. Adobe, are you going to remove it? Or should I write some kind of letter to the appropriate authorities that you impose third-party software on users? If Adobe has a contract with Maxon, this does not mean that users have to waste their internet traffic due to the mandatory installation of a 3D package, which can be downloaded additionally from After Effect or Creative Cloud Desktop. Not to mention the fact that you wasted my time, that I had to write here about this problem.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Expressions, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 24, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JustArt,

I appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback. I'll share this thread with the After Effects team. However, I'd also suggest that you upvote this request on After Effects-UserVoice. UserVoice is closely monitored by the After Effects team and is the right place to provide feedback or report bugs.

Best,

Rameez K.

After Effects Community Manager

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answer, Rameez. I've been trying to follow the link for the third day, but the page won't load. Is the link really working?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's working on my computer. Have you tried changing the browser?
This is what I see:

Screenshot at Oct 30 22-01-55.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2020 1
JustArt LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I previously, of course, tried to follow the link using Microsoft Edge and the same problem "infinite loading" of the page. My main browser is Google Chrome. And I disabled the ad block plugin. I don't think installing another browser will fix the situation. Okay, I see that there is a vote on the automatic installation of Cinema 4D when installing / updating After Effects. Hopefully people will keep making some sort of installation choice. Although I still don’t understand, who came to Adobe with such a "brilliant" idea not to provide a possible installation choice as an additional component? I am not against additional software, even if the Adobe library is replenished with different programs, but there should always be a choice, just always!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 01, 2020 0