• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strange small tiny chirp-beep(ish) sound when After Effects is rendering timeline.

Advocate ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm really paranoid about odd sounds coming from my computer.

When I render a timeline after using photobrush on a layer, every segment as it renders, the computer makes a small chirp with each frame group that is rendered.

My system is all solid state drives.  Only thing mechanical would be the fans.

The chirps coincide with the hard drive light flashing, during the render.

I never heard of SSDs making a light chirp sound when writing??

It's a very light chirp-beep, but it's freakin me out. 

SSD's are recently installed new.  Everything else seems to be fine.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Letty

TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Nerd knowledge: That's likely your voltage converters on the motherboard or in the power supply unit going crazy because they are under too much stress or damaged. You may have a problem there and should definitely investigate. Even something like a loose plug connection on your NVMe/ m2 SSDs could be causing this. Same for the graphics card, obviously. Have a look at whatever monitoring tool comes with your motherboard or use third-party tools like CPU-Z.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nerd knowledge: That's likely your voltage converters on the motherboard or in the power supply unit going crazy because they are under too much stress or damaged. You may have a problem there and should definitely investigate. Even something like a loose plug connection on your NVMe/ m2 SSDs could be causing this. Same for the graphics card, obviously. Have a look at whatever monitoring tool comes with your motherboard or use third-party tools like CPU-Z.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for that! 

Turns out that when I have a comp, with multiple pre comps, I have to render all those timelines first, before doing a PreRender export.

If the computer has to process all the pre comps and effects while doing the export, the computer seems to be slower and sometimes I hear that little chirp (strain)

So I took a big comp, with dozens of layers and handful of pre comps, and timeline rendered everything in order, THEN did the prerender export and the computer export ran quick, smooth, with no strain.

Thanks again!

Letty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines