Highlighted

Stroke Options Error

Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am getting an error when I attempt to change the border in Stroke Options for a basic shape. I can choose "None" and "Solid Color" when I open up the menu but choosing "Linear Gradient" or "Radial Gradient" gives me the following error:

"After Effects error: internal verification failure, sorry! {unexpected match name searched for in group} (29::0)

Another thing to note is that if I select "Linear Gradient" or "Radial Gradient" (giving me the error) and then try to switch to "Solid Color" I get the same error. Does anyone have any ideas on how to approach this and has anyone had this error?

I am using Adobe After Effects version 17.0.4 Creative Cloud. Thanks!

Topics

Error or problem, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Stroke Options Error

Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am getting an error when I attempt to change the border in Stroke Options for a basic shape. I can choose "None" and "Solid Color" when I open up the menu but choosing "Linear Gradient" or "Radial Gradient" gives me the following error:

"After Effects error: internal verification failure, sorry! {unexpected match name searched for in group} (29::0)

Another thing to note is that if I select "Linear Gradient" or "Radial Gradient" (giving me the error) and then try to switch to "Solid Color" I get the same error. Does anyone have any ideas on how to approach this and has anyone had this error?

I am using Adobe After Effects version 17.0.4 Creative Cloud. Thanks!

Topics

Error or problem, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 03, 2020 0
Engaged ,
Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've never had that problem. Have you tried selecting the shape layer and then changing to a gradient by using the dropdowns in the symbols at the top of the screen?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 03, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for your reply! I made sure to select the shape layer when doing this. Is the dropdown in the symbols at the top of the screen different than going through the Stroke Options menu at the top of the screen? I attached a JPEG in my first post for you to see how I got the error. Sorry for any confusion I am still learning Ae.

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 04, 2020 0
Engaged ,
Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. No, the dropdowns are the same as the Stroke Options. Perhaps others may be able to help. (If I have a problem like this I usually will go back and start from the beginning in a fresh composition - may be worth a try?)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 04, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried re installing Ae and restarting the compositions but no luck. It appears some others in the community are also having this problem after upgrading to 17.0.4:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/unexpected-match-name-searched-for-in-group-29-0/td-p/1...

Anyways, thank you for your help!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the same error in version 17.0.4. Did you get any solution?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 06, 2020 0