Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Surface Book Pen Takes Distance (not time) Before Drawing

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello 🙂

For some reason when I'm trying to paint using the paintbrush in AE, if I use my Surface Book pen i'll touch the screen, and I will have to move my pen 1/8 inch before any painting happens.
I can draw tiny circles and nothing will come out, until I move my pen approx 1/8", so it's not a "lag" or time thing, it's more of a distance thing.
If I use my mouse it starts painting right away (albeit as a large chunky line, instead of a pressure sensitive line like the pen).
My pen also works perfectly using Adobe Fresco for example, so it's not a pen/screen issue.

Thank you for any help you can provide!
-Garnet

TOPICS
Expressions , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just because it works in one app, and for that matter one that is specifically designed for tablets, doesn't mean it has to work in another app, that being a conventional desktop app. You are making wrong assumptions. That and the simple fact that Surface tablets and Surface Books have been known to be problemetic to begin with due to them using a completely different type of pen as other systems. Long story short: Other than fiddling with the pen driver and how it emulates a standard Wacom pen there is simply nothing to tweak. Either it does or it doesn't.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines