• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Swapping Images

Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I want to create an AE composition that I can use as a template to place into Premiere.  Along with other graphics, this template includes an image/photo that I'd like to be able to swap out as well. I'm essentially creating a talking head image that you would see on the news that changes depending on the topic. What is the best way to go about doing this? I tried the method of choosing the image in the comp and then choosing a different image in my project files and dragging/dropping. It replaces the image but it also replaces the size of my mask (I assume to match the new image size?). Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

There (currently) is no way to swap images (or videos or other assets) in Premiere. That said, there's a request on the Adobe UserVoice pages to add this feature. Please go vote on it. 🙂

Anyway, your workaround is mostly working, it seems. The only thing is that you need to make sure the images are the exact same size. Alternatively, instead of using a mask, use a Track Matte.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There (currently) is no way to swap images (or videos or other assets) in Premiere. That said, there's a request on the Adobe UserVoice pages to add this feature. Please go vote on it. 🙂

Anyway, your workaround is mostly working, it seems. The only thing is that you need to make sure the images are the exact same size. Alternatively, instead of using a mask, use a Track Matte.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another user has created an identical Feature Request (FR). Add your vote here - https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911311-after-effects/suggestions/33839716-swap-footage-sour...

On your issue with replacing a layer with footage of a different size,you should add one more comp hierarchy into the mix. So, in the 'Final Comp', instead of replacing a video/image layer with a footage item, you instead have a Nested Comp. Your mask should be applied to this Nested Comp. You then commit to replacing a layer with a footage item in the Child Comp. Here, unless your footage item is smaller than the Comp's Resolution, you will have no issues with inherent mask expansion. HTH

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines