Swapping out low res photoshop layers for high res photoshop layers

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I've been working on a AE animation project with low res photoshop layers but now want to swap them out for the higher res ones. I need to make the video larger so I need to do so without losing quality.

I've tried replacing each layer with the new photoshop layer but the coordinates and masking are all wrong. Is there an easier way to change all the source files of the layers (essentially just raising the scale of the entire project without images pixelating)?

  

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks heaps,

Trent

TOPICS
How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should look at this thread:  Re: How to change Footage video with work

You should also look at http;//aescripts.com. There are a couple of comp resizers there that help automate resizing nested comps. You may need to go through the comp and use the null/parent/scale trick in my previous reply to get it to work.

If you start out using proxies then the problem of replacing footage with higher resolution layers is a lot easier.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
tszmolnik AUTHOR LATEST
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Thanks so much for your quick reply.

I'm still learning AE so i had a bit of trouble with the pairing of the nulls to the layers, but luckily the upscale needed wasn't too drastic, so i was able to get it done using the detail-preserving upscale efefct.

Thanks again for your help,

Trent

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines