Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SWF Issue when imported into AE

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

Im using a lot in SWF files imported into After Effects.

and at each and every project at least 1 if not 5 SWF files get damaged in the last 3-5 frames when they are already inside a composition in AE.

the damage can be-  "stuck" problem - the SWF stuck in the 235th frame out of 240 frames file lts stay and stuck on it.
  or it can be - character damaged, hand or a leg breaks a part from the body,

the SWF is alright , i can put it inside another project and it will be fine but in the "first" AE project it is damaged.  and sometimes i render it again from ANIMATE/FLASH and do "reload footage" in AE and it fixes the problem till next time i open the project. ect. ect.

A bunch of unbelievable and non consistent ways of being damaged. i cant even understand the problem.

Anyone here is familiar with that problem, know how to fix it, can tell me something about it?

thanks a lot.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

regularly flush the AE caches. Otherwise these probably are simply bugs on top of bugs - the SWF engine not being developed further and AE not handling newer SWF that may use some specific features correctly.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Flush the AE caches"? what do u mean..

and.. are u saying that SWF are meant to be with bugs when imported to AE? there is no way to deal with it ?

do u have any offer for me?..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably have to use an older version of AE that worked reliably with SWF files.

Isn't life fun in Adobe-Land?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YUVIB  wrote

"Flush the AE caches"? what do u mean..

Purging your cache.

Edit>Purge>All Memory and Disk Cache

0purge.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi YUVIB,

Are you still facing this problem? If not, let us know how you solved it. If so, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines