• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SWF not Playing right in After Effects

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I exported several swf files from Adobe Animate CC 2018 for a project that I am comping in AE CC 2018. The swf files play fine by themselves outsie AE, but when I import them to AE and play them, AE drops the Camera move that is in each of the swf files completely, leaving the each one in the first position while playing any of the animation that would appear in that section.

I've been trouble shooting this for 3 hours now and have found nothing, so any help would be great.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trouble shooting this for 3 hours now and have found nothing

...then you might as well spend the next 3 days. Sorry to be so snarky, but you have not provided any useful info, like exact specs of the SWF files, details of their inner workings, screenshots, system info and so on. The mere mention of "camera moves" in the SWF files also makes me think you may be missing/ not understanding something fundamental about what stuff AE is able to use with this particular format and what it can not.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats not a very nice way to reply. If you don't have an answer maybe don't respond at all.

I'm came upon this looking for a work around for the same problem. We've found that when importing a swf that was exported from the most recent animate update to an older version of AE we have this problem. The only solution is to either update ae (not optimal working in a large studio when we all need to be working on the same version) or reexport our swfs from an older version of animate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats ok, I get that you don't get what the problem was.

But anyway, i did figure out what the problem was. AE doesn't like the built in camera tool in Animate and wont use that data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've found by un-selecting the "use Advance Layers" does the trick (which the camera tool uses?).

2018-11-13.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'll give that a try on my next project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, Animate's advanced layers are not supported by the after effects importer, which is pretty annoying, and not really flagged in the ui!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Superb Solved .....Simple but very useful...i was aslo stuckedi in this...Thnak you very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It worked, thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines