• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sync local After Effects Files and Objects

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to sync some local objects from 1 file (let's call it "Project 1") and auto update it what I've changed to another file "Project 2".

Let's say I have different projects, but some data that I'd like to have from Project 1 and share to Project 2, in this case if I change something at P1, I will have to do it manually at P2. Well, it's working but it's not exaclty efficient. 

Any ideas anyone? Thanks!

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no such functionality and that's the long and short of it. There are scripts on AEscripts.com that can translate projects to intermediate XML formats or create stuff based on external inputs from text files, but that's pretty much as good as it gets and you still have to build your projects around those premises and tools to begin with or none of it might ever work. So there you have it. You have to adapt and restructure your workflow, not the other way around trying to fix it after the fact. If you can be more specific what stuff you need to be dynamic and easily updateable I'm sure peopel around here can give you some tips.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

More specific than that? Haha

Thanks for your answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines