• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sync Settings - Does not and has never worked

Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded to AE CC 2018 on a clean system.

Before wiping the old system I was careful to use the very useful 'sync settings now...' feature.

All went fine and it confirmed 'Last Update' with the correct date and time.

Installed a clean system and AE CC 2018 and ran 'sync settings now...' specifying download, only to be warned that no settings where saved.

Contacted adobe support and spent 50 minutes with them as they tried, in vain, and didn't find anything.

Of course I had a backup and have no problem copying the necessary preferences directly as you still have to do with Lightroom and Photoshop.

Firstly am I the only one that finds this feature utterly useless?

I think we're now in the fifth year of Adobe Cloud. You would have thought the whole point of the cloud would be to backup and save the tiny preference files that control your whole user experience.

But for some reason is seems Adobe has other ideas. If one where cynical they might think Adobe's only interest is in the cloud is in collecting subscription fees and shamelessly touting adobe stock.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Boris2016  wrote

I think we're now in the fifth year of Adobe Cloud. You would have thought the whole point of the cloud would be to backup and save the tiny preference files that control your whole user experience.

But for some reason is seems Adobe has other ideas. If one where cynical they might think Adobe's only interest is in the cloud is in collecting subscription fees and shamelessly touting adobe stock.

After five years, I thought you would have figured out the Adobe Modus Operandi of new AE versions:

• Initial release: Riddled with bugs!  Don'[t touch it with a ten-foot pole!
  • Major Bug Fix #1: Resolves many, but not all, common problems
  • Major Bug Fix #2: Resolves more common problems plus a few of the more exotic ones
  • Major Bug Fix #3:The application approaches a pretty good degree of reliability

After that comes the next initial new version release, and the cycle repeats.  There's a reason why certain people refer to renting Adobe products as tacit participation in the Adobe Unpaid Beta Tester Program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this feature ever worked for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Less than a week ago, my IT Guy -- a TV station IT Guy who maintains Avid & Adobe installations plus stuff from the Home Office -- successfully installed CC 2017, the final version before this new release.  Everything came over successfully from CC 2015.

What did he do?  Beats me -- I wasn't around for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this featues never work for me and some other soft from adobe too, i nerver kept my setting, panels from an older version to an other...always time wasting...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Workspaces/panels will not come across in the sync settings feature. It should sync your preferences and such, but Adobe specifically says that workspaces are not part of the sync process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Szalam  wrote

Workspaces/panels will not come across in the sync settings feature.

Thanks for this - Key point here is it didn't work at all, the sync completely disappeared. Furthermore it has never worked for me and it seems I'm not the only one.

Lastly, why does it not sync workspaces/panels and for that matter all your settings? you would have thought thats the whole point of having a cloud... to backup and store your settings enabling you to log on anyplace and instantly have everything how you like it.

It's utterly crazy that these files are left not backed up or accessible, buried deep in your system files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In AE, a lot of things are said to be in a sync, but none of it works. Unrelated to this, does anyone know why in the Creative Cloud application can't go anymore to 2017 version? I only see 2018, 2015 and older.  2017 is missing. (Windows 10 Pro)

AfterFX_2017-10-24_12-48-16.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not remember havng problems syncing AE or PP. Even between accounts it has worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me this happened yesterday when I did clean install (Windows and adobe apps).

I am specially upset with Media encoder, where I have bunch of presets. After clean install and trying to sync my presets, the presets are not showing anymore.Adobe Media Encoder_2017-10-24_13-24-49.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just heard back from Adobe directly::

"As you were facing issue with the syncing issues with After Effects preferences after the research done at our end this is a known issue and reported from our end for now there is no possible work around . "

I remember getting a similar response a year or so ago when I had the same issue switching to AE2017. It’s inexcusable how a core functionality like this does not work and from the looks of things might never work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Boris,

Please file a bug here. I will ask around about this myself.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

Perhaps you could fill out the bug report and let me know the progress on any fixes?

I've already been in contact with Adobe regarding this issue for several years and nothing has happened.

Regarding the Adobe bug report link. A little feedback, it's a clumsily designed page that once filled in takes you to a screen explaining abode most likely won't do anything and will not respond to you. Not the most rewarding process.

Cheers,

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert,

Thanks for giving feedback to our developers on this issue. It is appreciated. I certainly hope we can get this feature working for you.

Perhaps you could fill out the bug report and let me know the progress on any fixes?

I'll check in with engineering to see if there's anything I can report. Thanks.

Regarding the Adobe bug report link. A little feedback, it's a clumsily designed page that once filled in takes you to a screen explaining abode most likely won't do anything and will not respond to you. Not the most rewarding process.

We should see some improvement on that front shortly. Sorry for the negative experience.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We will update all the video apps soon, i bet this will not work still...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, I ran into this issue today and it is definitely a bug. This is what I did:

- Went to the other computer and opened premiere /  after effects

- Went to sync settings - sync from another account (even though it's the same account)

- It prompted me to sign in and I signed in with the same account

- Everything synced!

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PP (latest CC18) froze when I wanted to sync!

So I chose "sync from another account", signed in with same account and presto! All was fine again. Thx for the tip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clemoira's solution worked for me as well, thanks !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This feature still not working for me... on CC 2020 I thought they resolve it....

It has never work for me even if I changed my computer throught the years...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and again... it seems that we are not alone, I did vote and comment on User voice may be for the next realease ?

I didn't thought that 17.1 was a "big" realease and yet again i have make all my workspace again.......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines