• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

System Compatibility Report - After Effects

Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently started using After Effects. As soon as I opened it an error message appeared saying "System Compatibility Report - Video Intel(R) HD Graphics 520 Unsupported video driver" and a link to "Fix" the issue.

I followed the link to fix it and installed the driver they recommended. For a few days this seemed to fix the issue but then the same error message appeared sending to the same fix link.

Any ideas what that's all about? If I don't keep re-installing it my exports seem to be glitched.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Hi Sus78,

Thanks for reaching out.

Try installing the latest version of Intel GPU driver: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/88355/Intel-HD-Graphics-520

Here's how to install: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005629/graphics.html

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Impossible to know without exact system info. Chances are Windows "fixed" an issue and rolled back your driver or something else like a different DLL version from an update messed up things. Likewise, other applications and in particular games have a habit of switching around configurations and not always corectly reverting them upon program termination. Could be a million things. In any case, a lot more specific info would be required. Start by checking your device manager and system graphics settings as well as the relevant hardware acceleration options in AE and AME.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mylenium - That all sounds very technical. Wish I'd stuck to my mac origins and not bought a PC laptop 😞 Will see if I can deceipher the issue at the weekend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sus78,

Thanks for reaching out.

Try installing the latest version of Intel GPU driver: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/88355/Intel-HD-Graphics-520

Here's how to install: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005629/graphics.html

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nishu,

Thanks for the advice - I installed the 2nd driver as it was compatible, but this gave me a glitched green striped screen within the AE preview screen. The newer version (1st driver) fixes this but is too advanced for my laptop and means that although I can view a nice clear screen it doesn't play back at all. Will see if I can find a work-around.

S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey S.

In that case, you can install the 3rd driver on that list which is an older version. That should work fine!

-Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I take it back! After restarting it seems to be fine with the first driver 🙂

Thanks so much for everyone's help on this! Really appreciate it.

All the best

S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines