Exit

System Compatibility Report

Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

I'm suffering with After Effect that my when I apply an effect on my video

the progress green bar is slow I can't work on it.

there for my video preview is too slow.

Should I must upgrade my display GUI card?

Here is my specifications:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name DESKTOP-RKGM0CO
System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
System Model OptiPlex 9020
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU 05A4
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

Display Settings:

Name NVIDIA GeForce GT 630
Adapter Type GeForce GT 630, NVIDIA compatible
Adapter Description NVIDIA GeForce GT 630
Adapter RAM (2,147,483,648) bytes

Name Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
Adapter Type Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, Intel Corporation compatible
Adapter Description Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
Adapter RAM 1.00 GB (1,073,741,824 bytes)
Driver Version 20.19.15.4835
Resolution 1366 x 768 x 59 hertz
Bits/Pixel 32

Looking for an answer please:)System Compatibility Report.PNGSystem Compatibility Report.PNG

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020
  1. I meant the project settings. Set it to Mercury Software only. mercury.png
  2. I don't know what you might mean by "performance issues" and "display 100%". Some people expect realtime playback from AE and that's not how AE works, so, if that's the case, there is nothing you can do that will solve that "performance issue", but if you are using effects that can be accelerated by the GPU and it goes significantly faster after you upgrade, yes it will.
  3. GPUs are not magic bullets that solve problems. Sometimes the

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It means what it says. Yes, update your graphics drivers and configure them suitably.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Mylenium for simplifying the issue. 
Szalam has also explained The cause of the report.
Thanks for your support,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I recall correctly, GPUs as old as yours can't run new enough drivers to be compatible with AE's GPU acceleration. I think you need the 700 series or later. I would suggest getting the newest series your motherboard is compatible with.

Note that this message you're seeing won't really cause any major issues - as long as you make sure your projects are set to use Software in the Mercury area and not hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for kind your respond.

I have inqueries:

1- I didn't understand what you mention about "Mercury area and not Hardware". what is Mercury area?

2- Before I upgrade my GPU to a new one I want to make sure does upgrading my GPU will fix all of the performance issues & display 100%. or still there will be some more issues?

3- Is this GPU upgrade will also solve Premier & all GPU based Adobe APPs if there is a such performance issue with them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I meant the project settings. Set it to Mercury Software only. mercury.png
  2. I don't know what you might mean by "performance issues" and "display 100%". Some people expect realtime playback from AE and that's not how AE works, so, if that's the case, there is nothing you can do that will solve that "performance issue", but if you are using effects that can be accelerated by the GPU and it goes significantly faster after you upgrade, yes it will.
  3. GPUs are not magic bullets that solve problems. Sometimes the problem is the GPU and, with one as old as yours, it's a likely suspect, but it might not be the wholeissue. With a GPU that old, you probably have other, equally old components. Maybe it's time for a whole new machine. But maybe changing up the GPU will solve some things. What's the newest GPU that your motherboard can handle? I was upgrading one of my machines in the freelance studio that was pretty old and the newest GPUs it could take were the 700 series and that's...four generations old now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I understand. things are clear now

Definitely Upgrading is important. 

Thanks Szalam 

Issue Solved, best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines