• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

System out of application memory

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When tracking in Mocha this notice keeps popping up (see photo)

Forced to quit AE and lose all my work even though my laptop does have space. Please help thank u

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The forum acts up and won't download attachments. you need to provide the image in a different way from Googtle Drive or whatever. Also provide exact system info and details about the project.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your Preferences/Memory settings (Alt/Option + Ctrl/Cmnd + 😉 and make sure that the memory allocated to other apps is a multiple of 4 GB. You want 4, or 8 for other apps. You might get away with 2, of 6, but odd numbers seem to cause problems. 

If that does not fix the problem post a screenshot using the icon in the toolbar that looks like a mountain scene with the sun in the sky and give us workflow, system, and AE version details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response. From what I see from the activity monitor there is 3.22GB for general application memory. This doesnt seem to be something I can change though ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open up preferences. Here's the keyboard shortcut: Alt/Option + Ctrl/Cmnd + ;

Screenshot_2020-09-19 10.42.08_QVaR3h.png

Go to the memory tab and change the settings there. The application manager just shows you what is in use. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked! Thank you very much.

The RAM reserved for other apps was set to 2 GB and I changed it to 4GB. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines