Taking a long time to load Illustrator files

Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently noticed that with my Illustrator documents that I import into After Effects, I cannot see the layers show up for like 20-30 seconds upon after the import; the screen is completely black. I wanted to make sure that this wasn't a software bug or it's just After Effects trying to process the big Illustrator file. The files that I've been importing are in the size range of 40 mb - 60 mb with about 15-20 layers in each document being imported.

TOPICS
Error or problem, FAQ, How to, Performance, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lunchtime (edit - love voice to text) Launch Time depends on the number of vertices on the layers, not the total number of layers. Some very complex AI files with thousands of vertices may not even open. Check your AI file for complexity and simplify as much as you can.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
MystieNymph AUTHOR LATEST
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what I know what 'lunchtime' is, but I thank you for pointing this out. Yeah, they had a lot of vertices in them.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines