• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TDL outline contains triangles that are too small to be rendered...

Explorer ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to 17.1.0 build 72

I have 64GB

I was working on a project prior to the update and wanted to work on another comp in the same project file. And I am now getting this message whenever I hit Numerical Keypad 0 to render the comp.

I shut off the font layers and it seems to stop. But when I add fonts - that worked earlier I get the message:

After effects error: TDL outline contains triangles that are too small to be rendered. Check for very thin triangles in original artwork. (88:3)

I purged the memory and cache but to no avail.

Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ran into this as well. Seems it is definitely FONT related. Not sure if it is OTF , ttf  or otherwise a font conversion may fix. Converted text to shapes and still ran into the error. The crazy thing is the error can be activated due to a single character(for me it was the letter "G") Changing the merge mode fixed the issue as far a converting to shapes. will have to test font conversion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I think I converted the text to outlines then

imported them back into my project to work around it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened to me recently opening a 5-year-old project to be revised. It seemingly had nothing to do with fonts on the M1 Macbook Pro, but any comps that had shape layers in them were giving this message until I turned off "Draft 3D" view which is on by default in every composition for some reason. Everything rendered fine from there, no need to change fonts etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2023 Jun 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. Had to google how to turn it off. It's just under the preview screen in my workspace. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this in my work with shapes when I was trying to make thin lines from strokes. In order to avoid the same mistake, it was enough to exclude the filling of the shape. That is, when you switch the shape in 3D, it tries to immediately reformat the transparent part of the fill that is between your strokes.

Good luck)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know why but for me i was getting this message when i tried previewing but once i changed my render preview bar forward the 0 frame, it did previews render, crazy bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines