Highlighted

Text and container different speeds

Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using sourceRectAtTime for a text box to sit within a container. I have them moving into the screen from the right.

However, I want the text and the container to move at different speeds so the container arrives first and the text then slides into place.

Any ideas? Thanks for any help.

TOPICS
Expressions, How to, Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Text and container different speeds

Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using sourceRectAtTime for a text box to sit within a container. I have them moving into the screen from the right.

However, I want the text and the container to move at different speeds so the container arrives first and the text then slides into place.

Any ideas? Thanks for any help.

TOPICS
Expressions, How to, Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 27, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I think I've sussed it but not sure how to delete this question. Both layers were linked to inherit transforms

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My extension Pins & Boxes offers a very easy and flexible solution for these kinds of animations.

Here is how to set up the dynamic layouts

and here how to animate them (including animation of texts and boxes indepentently using "current time" pins:

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 1