Highlighted

Text goes UPWARDS after pressing "Enter"

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

i am typing some text with "Horizontal Type Tool". When i press Enter, it creates new line, but it is above current text, not below... Direction of text is correctly set from left to right, i also tried resetting Character toolbox but it didn't help. It worked like that even in new project. I reinstalled AE and new projects do work fine now, but after opening the old project the text is still going in wrong direction. Importing old project into new, blank project also doesnt help. Any ideas how to fix it?

(After Effects 2018)

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by RobShultz | Adobe Community Professional

Maybe try re-setting preferences. Save your project then close a. Hold down shift/cm/option on Mac or shift/ctrl/alt on Windows. Hold down the keys while the app is starting. Then re-open your project.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Text goes UPWARDS after pressing "Enter"

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

i am typing some text with "Horizontal Type Tool". When i press Enter, it creates new line, but it is above current text, not below... Direction of text is correctly set from left to right, i also tried resetting Character toolbox but it didn't help. It worked like that even in new project. I reinstalled AE and new projects do work fine now, but after opening the old project the text is still going in wrong direction. Importing old project into new, blank project also doesnt help. Any ideas how to fix it?

(After Effects 2018)

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by RobShultz | Adobe Community Professional

Maybe try re-setting preferences. Save your project then close a. Hold down shift/cm/option on Mac or shift/ctrl/alt on Windows. Hold down the keys while the app is starting. Then re-open your project.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possible your baseline shift was set to a negative number?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dhruvs93150329_0-1596049453294.png

Check paragraph settings. 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Font scale and Paragraph Spacing (see above) are the only two properties in After Effects (or Photoshop or AI or InDesign) that can have negative values. A negative value in paragraph spacing would put the next paragraph above the previous one.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines