Highlighted

Text is placed under the path instead of on top

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to get my text to go on top of the path and for it to still look normal (reading "love" and not "evol" upside down) but I cannot figure it out. I'm a beginner in After Effects and would appreciate your help very much. Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 13.57.18.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-05 at 13.57.38.png

Topics

Error or problem, FAQ, How to, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Text is placed under the path instead of on top

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to get my text to go on top of the path and for it to still look normal (reading "love" and not "evol" upside down) but I cannot figure it out. I'm a beginner in After Effects and would appreciate your help very much. Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 13.57.18.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-05 at 13.57.38.png

Topics

Error or problem, FAQ, How to, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not even sure what I'm looking at. Text on am ask path? A text block parented to a Null? You need to be more specific. The method of fixing your issue will depend on what you are actually doing.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cropped screenshots are useless. Select the layer that is giving you problems and press the U key twice. If there is a mask path make sure the layer is selected and the path is visible. If you are using text make sure the Character Panel is visible. Post the screenshot. They should look like this. Note the problems in the first screenshot and the solutions in the second.

Screenshot_2020-04-06 01.25.47_KNbUUg.pngScreenshot_2020-04-06 01.32.58_Fo2lMm.png

Your text is left to right so you should start the mask path on the left. If you screw up there is a fix. The baseline shift is easily fixed. The squashed characters are also easy to fix. 

There are other things that can foul up a text layer but showing the modified properties of the layer and making sure we understand your workflow make it easier for us to help you,

I suggest you spend some time with the User Guide. You'll find links on this forum, the AE product page and the After Effects Home Screen. You should also use the Search Help field in the top right corner of AE. There is a lot of information available on animating text.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines