Highlighted

Text layers are painfully slow to work with.

New Here ,
May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I try to drag a text layer of type in it, everything happens with a huge delay. 2 secs today. Shouldn't be a problem fixing this in 2019…

Also, rendering simple script-animated text plate with a solid bg color could take up to 20 minutes. I have pretty good Macbook Pro i7.

BUT then, if I construct a cool Sci-Fi space scene in Element 3D (3rd party AE plugin), with several textures and lights and a depth of field camera in it, renderind could take less time! How??! .

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Text layers are painfully slow to work with.

New Here ,
May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I try to drag a text layer of type in it, everything happens with a huge delay. 2 secs today. Shouldn't be a problem fixing this in 2019…

Also, rendering simple script-animated text plate with a solid bg color could take up to 20 minutes. I have pretty good Macbook Pro i7.

BUT then, if I construct a cool Sci-Fi space scene in Element 3D (3rd party AE plugin), with several textures and lights and a depth of field camera in it, renderind could take less time! How??! .

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 23, 2019 3
Participant ,
May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thats how it is now with after effects.

get used to it or go back to 2014 2015 after effects. i have the same problems, we all have the same problem in the office and there is nothing we can do....

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 23, 2019 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I and I' certain many other users do not share your experience when working with Text Layers. If you'd like to share your AEP, someone can take a look to see if the problem can be reproduced on their end. Additionally, it will be helpful if you provided more details of the Text Layer(s) used and if there were any other effects. Lastly, try trashing your AE Prefs.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 23, 2019 1
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi pasiv and matteociaociao,

This shouldn't be happening. I haven't heard about this in the community that much. I'd recommend that you file a bug on our UserVoice platform so that others can upvote it. It's also the best way to share your feedback with the After Effects team. Here is the link: After Effects: Hot (1659 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Thanks,
Rameez

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 10, 2019 1
Participant ,
Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.
Just one solid background with no effects, 2 shape layers with primitive objects and 3 text layers each containing about 20 letters, not more. The only animation is the character scale. This setup is enough to kill the performance. That's nonsense!
Mostly it slows down when text layers contain the text copied from Illustrator text layer. If I convert text layers to outlines and import them in AFX as an asset - renders and all the performance gets back in a normal state. I can't explain it in no way. Still thinking - is it an AFX or Computer failure and how to fix it.
I would agree to share my project file if somebody would like to test it on another machine.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 08, 2020 0
Participant ,
Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just made one simple test.
As I mentioned before in my case it slows down specially when text is copied from Illustrator text layer. I guess it's possible that it pastes much information what After FX doesn't need.
When I rewrite all those texts with the keyboard using After FX text tool and formating them in AFX to get the same look - renders are quick again and everything seems nice.
I don't know ... maybe it is worth to try in your project?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 08, 2020 0