Highlighted

Text Layers breaking an old AE project that used to work fine

New Here ,
May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I worked on a feature film in 2019 with some highly customized versions of social media platforms within After Effects - think thousands of layers of text based comments, profile pictures, the works

I was originally on AE 2019, v16.1 back in late last year and I was rendering out my projects slowly but surely on my 15 in Macbook Pro 2018 - NOW when I open the same project files no matter what I do they are broken beyond belief - freezing between each click

Ive tried everything from recreating my exact setup back then (AE version, same harddrive, etc) to also opening the projects on a top of the line iMac Pro (128GB of ram, the works) - even doing test renders on an iMac pro the projects are grinding along, what used to take an hour on my laptop is now taking 7+ on the iMac...something aint right

Any advice? Was there some minor update that made this many text layers inoperable? My AE proj file is a massive 300mb, but even when I collect dependencies and try to tackle this one comp at a time...same problem
TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Text Layers breaking an old AE project that used to work fine

New Here ,
May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I worked on a feature film in 2019 with some highly customized versions of social media platforms within After Effects - think thousands of layers of text based comments, profile pictures, the works

I was originally on AE 2019, v16.1 back in late last year and I was rendering out my projects slowly but surely on my 15 in Macbook Pro 2018 - NOW when I open the same project files no matter what I do they are broken beyond belief - freezing between each click

Ive tried everything from recreating my exact setup back then (AE version, same harddrive, etc) to also opening the projects on a top of the line iMac Pro (128GB of ram, the works) - even doing test renders on an iMac pro the projects are grinding along, what used to take an hour on my laptop is now taking 7+ on the iMac...something aint right

Any advice? Was there some minor update that made this many text layers inoperable? My AE proj file is a massive 300mb, but even when I collect dependencies and try to tackle this one comp at a time...same problem
TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 31, 2020 0

Have something to add?