Highlighted

Text locking up AE

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

text has been unuseable.  It does not matter what version either.  I type and it just locks up .  im on windows 10 

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Text locking up AE

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

text has been unuseable.  It does not matter what version either.  I type and it just locks up .  im on windows 10 

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe try re-setting your preferences. With After Effects closed hold down shift/control/alt and click on the icon to open AE. Keep holding the keys and let the system make changes. 

Hopefully the text will work better afterwards.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks but that didnt work 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2020 0
Participant ,
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess would be a corrupt font file. Go to /windows/fonts and move every font except system fonts in a temp folder and see if AE Text works again. If so, you can move your fonts back let's say 10 at a time until you find the faulty one.

Or, this happened to me once: I installed a really fancy medieval font with lots of grunged edges which was too much for the text renderer.

Let us know how it goes.

Wim

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 08, 2020 2
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi zoom4267,

Sorry for your issue.

Did any of the suggestions help? If not, try resetting the Windows font cache. Here's how: https://www.isunshare.com/windows-10/how-to-delete-font-cache-in-windows-10.html

Let us know if it brings any change.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2020 0