• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

text that grows as it moves

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi: I'm trying to create an animated effect in which text comes out of a toon's mouth starting very small right by the mouth and growing as each letter gets farther away. Ideally, the tops and bottoms of the letter would be skewed in line the growing "triangle".

IMG_0741.jpeg

Relative newbie, and I have no idea how to make this happen. Any help would be appreciated.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Easy as Pie - apply a text animator for scale to a text layer, adjust its end adn start range as well as the falloff type. Additional modifications are easily possible. I suffest you start by reading the online help.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what is falloff type? I only see that word in reference to lights. My issue is that I want the letters that are emerging on the left side of the frame to be small, but to have grown when they reach the right side of the frame. A simple animation of the Scale parameter makes them all grow together. Is there a way to do this without having to animate each individual letter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I wrote, a text animator will do that just fine for you. Please do read the online help on the subject or at the very least study the many presets that come with AE to get an idea. No point in getting in your own way by not putting in the educational effort.

https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/animating-text.html#animate_text_with_text_animators

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get it - thanks for the link. As I said, I'm just learning this so not even sure what everything is. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If. you are just learning spend some time in the Learn workspace. 20 minutes will give you the basics of the UI, creating a project, and creating an animated comp using layers. Then spend some time with the User Guide. Just starting out with a problem like How do I do this is not a very good way to get a handle on extremely complicated software.

When you come upon a specific problem like "scaling and moving text" it's a good idea to type a few keywords like animate text or scale text in the Search Help field in the top right corner of AE. This will give you links to both the online manual and tutorials that are usually a lot better than the tutorials you find by searching YouTube.

The text animators include Position and scale. You can add both to one animator so that as the start and end values change the text both moves and scales at the same time. You can do this a letter or a word at a time. You can also animate opacity.  

You can also add a vector path (Mask) to a text layer and attach the text to the path and then animate the position along the path. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines