Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text won't stay anchored after 3D motion tracking

New Here ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having this grave problem for quite a while

Usually before I would just track my video and place pictures on it and it would follow the track points

Now regardless of the fact that there are track points when I add an image and select the 3d for it it seems as if it's not tracked at all and is just sitting in one position of the composition not at all moving around on the track points I added it on

I have only found solutions for this in two other places where this problem comes from directly importing from premiere pro but in my case the video that I am importing was shot in my camera to my sd card

I really need to track objects and do not know what to do.

PS

The video I'm using is reversed in the composition then tracked

Please help

TOPICS
Error or problem , Expressions , FAQ , Freeze or hang , How to , Performance , Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using Camera Tracking it sounds like workflow problems. If you don't set an origin and ground plane, then attach a solid and add a camera to the ground plane and text your track you will never know how accurate the track was. If you get a good track, and you accurately attach solids to other fixed geometry in the scene then the easiest way to attach another image or text to the same surface would be to make the layer 3D, hold down the shift key, then parent the new 3D layer to the reference layer.

If you are using the Camera Tracker, and you follow those steps, and you are still having problems then we need to see the footage and your comp to help us figure out th workflow problem. NOT all shots can be camera tracked so that may be the simple answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

had this same issue, camera tracker does not work properly when you reverse the clip. try tracking the normal clip, then reverse it once you're done editing the tracked clip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE's Camera Tracking, Warp Stabilizer and Tracker features work with the original clip. Hence, AE will ignore any change in pixel resolution and/or timing which is committed to, in the comp level. For such scenarios, render out the original footage with any pixel/timing changes and then re-import and use it for the resolution/time sensitive features. HTH

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After lots of trying to make it work - I realized it was indeed a reversed clip in Premiere (Adobe Linked File) that caused the issue. I was using it for tracking into a solid instead of text, but the same context applies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines