• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The ExManCmd tool Contents folder does not contain the file 'ExManBridgeTalkCmd' file

Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to install an extension to After Effects on Mac Catalina 10.15 using the command-line. These are the instructions I am trying to follow:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/installingextensionsandaddons.html#Install_extensions_comm...

After downloading the ExManCmd tool, you are supposed to copy the Contents folder to the Desktop. Then, in Terminal, you enter this command:

xattr -dr com.apple.quarantine Desktop/Contents/MacOS/ExManBridgeTalkCmd

The problem is, the Contents folder does not contain the file 'ExManBridgeTalkCmd'. 

I followed these same steps earlier this year and the Contents folder DID have that file in it...I think it was updated and the new source files were corrupted or something. I have tried contacting support to no avail, and I cannot see any way to open a ticket with the knowledge base team to get this fixed.  Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have added the issue to Adobe's Github project page, lets hope someone addresses the issue soon.

https://github.com/Adobe-CEP/Getting-Started-guides/issues/29

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try skipping that step to see if ExMan works? If you simply want to install extensions, try the aescripts zxp installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did, but unfortunately it does not work. The next step is to double click the ExManCmd executable and without the quarantine step I get a warning "ExManCmd can't be opened because the identity of the developer cannot be confirmed". I was able to get around this easily, but then when I get through to the final step the Terminal throws a few ExManCmd errors...

But, I will give the ZXP installer a try as well, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This might be a dumb question but did you enable Allow Scripts to Write Files and Access Network in the Scripting & Expressions section of preferences?  Alt/Option + Ctrl/Cmnd + ;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines