Highlighted

The light coming from my character keeps getting cut off???

Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am making this video where whenever someone is talking, their corresponding character lights up. I accomplished this by converting the audio to keyframes (the layer is called Audio Amplitude). Then I used a Fill, Composite, Chocker, and Glow effects on the PNG image. Then I inserted a code into the Choke Matt and Glow intensity and picked whiped it to the Audio Amplitude.

The effect works almost perfectly, but there is this weird clipping on the top part of the character. Above the ears, every once in a while, it clips into black. I don't know why it is doing this.

Does anyone know how to fix this???

Here is a link to the project. And down below is a screen shot.character light cutoff.png

Topics

Error or problem, Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

The light coming from my character keeps getting cut off???

Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am making this video where whenever someone is talking, their corresponding character lights up. I accomplished this by converting the audio to keyframes (the layer is called Audio Amplitude). Then I used a Fill, Composite, Chocker, and Glow effects on the PNG image. Then I inserted a code into the Choke Matt and Glow intensity and picked whiped it to the Audio Amplitude.

The effect works almost perfectly, but there is this weird clipping on the top part of the character. Above the ears, every once in a while, it clips into black. I don't know why it is doing this.

Does anyone know how to fix this???

Here is a link to the project. And down below is a screen shot.character light cutoff.png

Topics

Error or problem, Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 11, 2020 0
Guide ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The clipping appears right at the edge of your layer, so your effects might not go beyond layers edges. Check the effects more in detail. Sometimes there is a checkbox for that.

*Martin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 11, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you may be right, but I'm not sure where the check box is. What would it be under?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 11, 2020 0
Guide ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IF there is any checkbox to render the effect outside of the layer edges, it will be in the effects settings. Check the effects you have applied and see if there is any way.

*Martin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 11, 2020 0