Highlighted

The mask tool

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The mask tool, when activated, causes the program to close unexpectedly. Can someone tell me if it is a problem with my computer or the program in its most recent update has problems that they have not solved.

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

The mask tool

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The mask tool, when activated, causes the program to close unexpectedly. Can someone tell me if it is a problem with my computer or the program in its most recent update has problems that they have not solved.

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on mac or windows? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2020 0
Mylenium LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Provide exact system info and crash logs. On a hunch I'd say this is a typical case of non-working/ misconfigured hardware acceleration, though, i.e. an issue with overlay drawing of the mask paths and/ or transparency handling on the masked items. If that's indeed the case, the usual applies: Check the relevant options in AE, update your graphics driver.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2020 0