• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Things don't align in between the frames

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have trouble with the in-between frames. I've tried to make even more intricately placed in between the seconds but it looks even more jagged. I've also tried to use time warp but it only helps in the front part but the second half does not look joint to the other parts. Is there any way to go around it?

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This simply seems like you neither understand basic things like parenting nor keyframing. Of course just lumping together a few layers and animating them separately may cause timing issues and precision problems. You need to study a few tutorials and read the online help. Really no way around it. We all had to learn this stuff and only practice makes perfect.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And maybe if you're so well advanced, dear Mylenium, it would be nice to actually show people how to solve their problem, instead of being condescending and rude, and belittling.
How would YOU feel to receive an answer that basically tells you "you're too dumb to understand what you're doing"?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried using Ease-In, Ease-Out or Easy-Ease on your keyframes?
Also, try to think of your animation as a real working robotic arm : the fingers are connected to the wrist, the wrist to the forearm, the forearm to the elbow, the elbow to the upper arm, etc.  You then parent these as a chain link. Search for Inverse Kinematic to find more info on how to do this.
An other tip is to use double key frames to introduce rest movement, combined with a bell curved animation.  This will give a more robot feel, making your movement speed up slowly from stop to fast and then back to slow again and back to full stop.
In any case, it would be a matter of shuffling keyframes around. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used easy ease on the keyframes 🙂

I'll try your advice on it, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not sure how you rigged your animation but maybe this tutorial I just did will help you figure out how to fine-tune the motion path and the timing using the Graph Editor. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines