Highlighted

Thumbnail for After Effects Composition using Extrendscript

Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way we can extract the thumbnail of a Composition using programmatically using ExtendScript? The project panel shows the thumbnail for each Composition. I would like to extract something similar. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I don't believe those thumbnails are accessible to the user in any way. You can however save a full resolution PNG still image from a comp by calling the saveFrameToPng() method.

Just supply the time within the comp as the first argument and a file object for the second argument.

curCompObject.saveFrameToPng(compTime, fileObj);

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Thumbnail for After Effects Composition using Extrendscript

Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way we can extract the thumbnail of a Composition using programmatically using ExtendScript? The project panel shows the thumbnail for each Composition. I would like to extract something similar. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I don't believe those thumbnails are accessible to the user in any way. You can however save a full resolution PNG still image from a comp by calling the saveFrameToPng() method.

Just supply the time within the comp as the first argument and a file object for the second argument.

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 31, 2014 0
Advocate ,
Aug 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2014 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Thanks much for your input.

Yeah I had figured out that one

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 21, 2014 0
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anything similar to export .jpg instead of png?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 0