• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Time remapping bug - enter one value and separate value appears

Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE is up-to-date Mac OS is up-to-date. I'm working on a 3 year old 15" Mac Book Pro

I'm running into a weird bug that I can't figure out, I'm hoping someone here can help.

Here is my normal work flow. I create a 'character' comp with a 'mouth' comp that has a sequence of images that are the mouth positions. Then I time-remap the mouth and use hold keyframes to get my lip sync. Pretty standard. Been doing that for years.

What's happening for this one particular 'mouth' comp is that when I go to enter a value in the time-remap field it changes that value. i.e. I enter a '1' then press enter or click somewhere else the value changes to '2'. And this happens what ever value I enter, it adds 1 to the value.

In the project that I'm animating I have other character comps that work fine. If I bring a working 'mouth' comp into the comp that is having issues, it works fine. If I bring the buggy 'mouth' comp into a different 'character' comp it still bugs out. I've created new comps and still having the issue.

I normally work in 23.976, but this project is going to be rendered at 30fps. I'm animating at 15fps to save time and to get a specific cartoony feel. I have learned in typing this post that the working 'mouth' comp is still at 30fps. If I convert that to 15fps, the bug appears. If I convert the buggy 'mouth' comp to 30fps, it starts adding 2 to the value.

Any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Without any info on the actual comp settings and so on nobody can tell you much. From an expression changing the values to something like what I imagine could be a bug when the comp start time isn't set to zero this could be anything.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines