Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Timeline Components Vanish

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

I'm getting an error in after effects where after line 963, the components of my timeline appear to be invisible. Any other lines I add after this number, pictures or audio, will appear invisible on the timeline however they still appear in the video when I preview it. I cannot physically adjust its size or effects, however it does appear in my video without showing me the bar in the timeline. Any solutions?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is a limit to the number of layers that can be displayed. Pre-compose some of the layers and the problem will go away. 

If you are trying to edit a bunch of shots together into a movie using AE I strongly suggest that you break the project up into multiple comps with each one lasting only a few seconds. AE is not an editing app and a 10-minute project with dozens of shots and 1,000 or more layers is a failed render waiting to happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines