• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Timeline organization

Contributor ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.  You may be sorry of me asking questions, but I am determined to get somewhere with this project.  I really want to understand this program, and its been a slog.  Thank you in advance for all your help.  I am starting this project over.  When I import my files, they are showing up with an icon ive not seen before that looks like a deck.  In my previous version of this same project, I was able to successfully organize files in timeline in three folders, and can no longer accomplish this.  Can someone please tell me how to import files so i have a folder for "eyes" "mouth" and Body.  

Running latest AFX version,

Windows 10 timeline organization question.jpg

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*
TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

You have imported the PSD files as Image Sequences. You probably want to import as a composition retaining layer sizes. This is a common mistake. It's easy to miss the image (PSD sequence) checkbox. 

You should also spend some time in the Learn workspace taking a 20 minute tour of the UI and a simple project, and you should also spend some quality time with the User Guide. It will give you a better foundation so you don't start on the wrong foot. Also, remember that AE is not a video editing a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have moved on from this question.  please disregard.  I do not see how to detlete it...the ....more gives me nothing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have imported the PSD files as Image Sequences. You probably want to import as a composition retaining layer sizes. This is a common mistake. It's easy to miss the image (PSD sequence) checkbox. 

You should also spend some time in the Learn workspace taking a 20 minute tour of the UI and a simple project, and you should also spend some quality time with the User Guide. It will give you a better foundation so you don't start on the wrong foot. Also, remember that AE is not a video editing app. It is designed and suited to creating visual effects shots, motion graphics, and animated shots that can be edited into a finished movie in an NLE like Premiere Pro. More than 90% of my comps are one-shot under seven seconds with 10 to 20 layers. I never try and edit anything longer than a single phrase of dialogue or narration of 8 bars of music in AE because it just gets too unwieldy. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!  Problem solved:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines