• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Timeline Shortcut Error (Shift 1, Shift 2, etc...) Another program high jacking the key commands?

Participant ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have had a weird issue with the latest version of After Effects and/or Windows. It seems like some key commands are not passing through to AE. (Windows 10 20H2 19042.572, AE 17.5.) I can toggle timeline markers by clicking shift-4 through shift-5, but shift-1 through shift-3 doesn't work anymore. 

Has anyone else experienced this? Another piece of software may be highjacking the key commands. I attempted to troubleshoot that possibility but wasn't able to narrow it down. 

Thoughts?

TOPICS
Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

In After Effects 17.5, the 1-6 keys in the number row now activate the new camera navigation tools and 3D transform gizmo modes. There is a preference to disable this and return the 1-6 keyboard shortcuts to navigate to the 1-6 markers. Go to Preferences > 3D and disable the "Use 1/2/3 for navigation and 4/5/6 for transform gizmos" option.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: the issue is specifically tied to the 1, 2, 3, and 4 keys. These keys won't navigate to a pre-existing markers either. Does anyone know of any common windows utilities that commandeer the first 4 numbers on a keyboard?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In After Effects 17.5, the 1-6 keys in the number row now activate the new camera navigation tools and 3D transform gizmo modes. There is a preference to disable this and return the 1-6 keyboard shortcuts to navigate to the 1-6 markers. Go to Preferences > 3D and disable the "Use 1/2/3 for navigation and 4/5/6 for transform gizmos" option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Tim.

That was my issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines