Highlighted

Title Bar in After Effects CC 2018 (Windows 10)

Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I searched a lot without success. Is there a way to hide the white title bar in After Effects CC 2018 on Windows 10? Or at least make it darker.

ae_titlebar.JPG

Tom

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Dave Merchant | Most Valuable Participant

in CC2018 you can re-assign the shortcut, or add something else that's accessible on a non-US keyboard.

• Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts
  • in the search box on the lower left, type 'maximize' to reveal the two 'maximize app window' entries.
  • Click one of the existing shortcuts next to those entries to highlight it (blue box and blue text) then press your new key combination (e.g. Alt-F12 which isn't used for anything). The new entry will appear next to the existing ones. Save the layout as a preset and you're good to go.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Title Bar in After Effects CC 2018 (Windows 10)

Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I searched a lot without success. Is there a way to hide the white title bar in After Effects CC 2018 on Windows 10? Or at least make it darker.

ae_titlebar.JPG

Tom

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Dave Merchant | Most Valuable Participant

in CC2018 you can re-assign the shortcut, or add something else that's accessible on a non-US keyboard.

• in the search box on the lower left, type 'maximize' to reveal the two 'maximize app window' entries.
  • Click one of the existing shortcuts next to those entries to highlight it (blue box and blue text) then press your new key combination (e.g. Alt-F12 which isn't used for anything). The new entry will appear next to the existing ones. Save the layout as a preset and you're good to go.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 23, 2018 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Ctrl/Cmnd + \

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 23, 2018 2
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the hint,  I saw that for many others Cmnd + \ worked. But unfortunately not for me. Maybe because of the German keyboard layout...

Tom

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 23, 2018 0
Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It cleans up the UI on a Mac. Check your keyboard shortcuts. There might be something there.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 23, 2018 1
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I will tell you if i find something.

Tom

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 23, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 23, 2018 3
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Dave, that's exactly what I was looking for.

Do you know if it possible to hide the menu bar too?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 23, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The application menu bar cannot be hidden.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 24, 2018 1
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Tom

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 24, 2018 0
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am German, too. But sadly there is no thing called "maximize app window", when I try to make the shortcut 😞

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 26, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Title bar is big, bulky, and ugly by default on Windows 10. By "Maximizing" AE with CTRL+\ you lose the ability to quickly minimize or resize the window. I prefer to darken it rather than hide it completely.

Capture.PNG

Open Settings and go to to Personalization > Colors > Title Bars

Check the Title bars box, and pick your color. This will be spread across all of Windows 10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2018 2
Participant ,
Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The odd thing is that the Adobe CC applications under Windows are not consistent. As at this date (18 April 2019) some of the Adobe applications (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver) use a customised title bar that is a compact design incorporating the drop-down menus and in a dark colour scheme (if the application UI is set to a "Dark" theme). However Premiere and After Effects are different, using the standard Windows title bar, and showing both the title bar and menu bar in a the Windows default colour scheme even though the applications themselves use a dark interface. Why hasn't Adobe made their UI's consistent? Their custom design (as per Photoshop/Illustrator etc.) is an improvement on the Windows standard, being more compact and functional. Please roll that out for all apps Adobe!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 17, 2019 2
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe makes OCD worse!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 23, 2019 1
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe im blind, but do you know where this setting is now?  This is the only decent post I can find on this issue, but i dont see that pathway anywhere

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 0
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you hit Ctrl/Cmnd + \

That hides the top bar on a Mac that gives the project name and leaves the File, Edit, Composition .... menus.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2020 0
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE has a default shortcut, CTRL + \ which acts as a toggle.

Its Command Name is "Maximize App Window" and you can find it in the Keyboard Visualizer if you  want to re-assign a different shortcut to the command. HTH

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So that does sort of maximize it for me, but it doesnt actually change or remove the white part which is just really offputting to me visually, even making stuff look offbalance at times.

Paperclipbender_0-1602557069876.png

Paperclipbender_1-1602557102295.png

That's the it looks like both on and off.  Definitely an improvement because its half the size, I just feel like there's probably a way to change the color?  Like nicd's comment above, which is the one I meant to reply to.  I've found settings for all other kinds of things but not anything that touches that bar.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 0