Highlighted

Trace Outline in the way when I am tracking mask frame by frame

Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The object is a candle with flame.

I am tacking mask frame by frame, however, I can never see the outline of the mask, as the orange trace outline is always showing, I have found no way/shortcut to remove the tracing overlay.

Any help?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Trace Outline in the way when I am tracking mask frame by frame

Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The object is a candle with flame.

I am tacking mask frame by frame, however, I can never see the outline of the mask, as the orange trace outline is always showing, I have found no way/shortcut to remove the tracing overlay.

Any help?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you mean the mask path ? 
if so, there is a button next to the magnification ratio in the comp window to show / hide mask and shape path. If you are on windows You can also press ctrl + shift + H  or cmd + shift + H if you are on mac

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 30, 2020 0
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also change the mask path color to something  that will contrast the flame, like green. Just click on the colored square next to the mask name.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 30, 2020 0
May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean animating a mask? If you are having problems seeing the mask path, check the timeline for the mask color. All you have to do is select the layer with the mask and press the "m" key and you will see a small colored square right next to the Mask property. Click that to bring up the color picker and change the color of your mask path. I do it all the time. 

There are also options to cycle mask colors using the layer color in the Preferences>Appearance tab.

If you are using Mask Tracking then there are other things you need to consider when trying to track a candle. Depending on the shot there may be a lot more efficient workflow. I track things for most of my compositing work and almost every shot uses a slightly different technique. 

Show us the shot and explain your design goals and we can give you some suggestions that may speed things up by a factor of 10 or more. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 01, 2020 0