• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Track Null Object for Green Screen Not Working

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the track motion tool for a green screen shot and applying it to a null object. This works however, I split my shot into several different clips and did independent motion tracks on each section. This is because I used different tracking points for each part of the clip. Independently the tracking works, however, each time it goes to one of the different clips the transform settings on the null object/green screen background change drastically and then keep going from that new point. It's as if the null object automatically resets to whatever suits that part of the clip best. How can I make the transform settings carry over from clip to clip despite having several different motions tracked?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Expressions , FAQ , How to , Performance , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no such thing. Since AE's 3D tracker cannot be calibrated to specific orientations and measurements, each track is entirely arbitrary both in scale and world orientation. if you need to stitch together different tracks, you are out of luck and need to look into programs that actually support consistent scene reconstruction like SynthEyes. Otherwise you simply have to try and track this as a single sequence with all the potential caveats and issues.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines