Highlighted

Tracking Footage, VideoCopilot

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I've been working on a project where I use drone footage and i want to add in a 3D object. 
-I use the camera tracker and get a bunch of tracker points.
-I've created a origin and plane
-I've created solid and camera, and tadaa it seems to lose its original trackerpoint data.. as it moves all over the place.

Any idea what causes this. 
In a previous save I managed to get it working, so it has nothing to do with video quality I suppose.
I also checked if it had something to do with multiple cameratrackers because I use multiple layers with trackers and cameras.
Also in some layers/scenes of footage it works correct as show in the attachments.

TOPICS
Error or problem, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Tracking Footage, VideoCopilot

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I've been working on a project where I use drone footage and i want to add in a 3D object. 
-I use the camera tracker and get a bunch of tracker points.
-I've created a origin and plane
-I've created solid and camera, and tadaa it seems to lose its original trackerpoint data.. as it moves all over the place.

Any idea what causes this. 
In a previous save I managed to get it working, so it has nothing to do with video quality I suppose.
I also checked if it had something to do with multiple cameratrackers because I use multiple layers with trackers and cameras.
Also in some layers/scenes of footage it works correct as show in the attachments.

TOPICS
Error or problem, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 19, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not clear what you are asking. As far as the tracker algorithms are concerned, those are simply just fields of noise with close to zero persistent track marks. Even the one you consider correct actually drifts. This will never work, even more so since AE's tracker has no way of manual calibration or other ways to intervene. Sorry, you need to start from scratch and actually educate yourself what the requirements for a decent track are, including preparing the location accordingly.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey thanks for the reply,

I understand that with some preparations this would have been lots easier to accomplish, this is the first time I use AE, however the problem with the sliding solids/null's has nothing to do with this right? ( as in an earlier save file, the same scene did track the solid like it should, made from 3 tracking points, or atleast partly.

Do you have any tips to increase the useability of the footage, by enhancing it someway?

Thanks, Adriaan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 0