Highlighted

Tracking pre-comped text over pre-comped shapes

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm trying to track some pre-comped text over pre-comped shapes but not sure how.

Here's a screen share of my project: https://youtu.be/TBccjSN2DjE

So I would like the Melbourne CBD text to move with the earth map so the city stays on the same location. 

Can someone point me towards a tutorial on this?

Thanks

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
TOPICS
Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Tracking pre-comped text over pre-comped shapes

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm trying to track some pre-comped text over pre-comped shapes but not sure how.

Here's a screen share of my project: https://youtu.be/TBccjSN2DjE

So I would like the Melbourne CBD text to move with the earth map so the city stays on the same location. 

Can someone point me towards a tutorial on this?

Thanks

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
TOPICS
Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 03, 2020 0
Mylenium LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have full contrrol over the artwork, simply use expressions. Create a Null object or expression point control effect in the pre-comp and link the text to it in the parent comp. You may need to add some extra code to account for layer space transforms and the spherical distortion, but it's not really clear how you've set things up, so you'd have to offer more details for anyone to fix you up with specific code bits.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 03, 2020 0