Highlighted

Tracks And Positioning

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am messing around with the "CC Smear" Effect. And I made a path for the "From" Point and I want the "To" point's path to be the same but I still want to be able to move the point using keyframes while still having it be tracked to the track I made.

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Mylenium | Most Valuable Participant

Apply the track to a Null, reference the Null with a pickwhip expression in the effects controls, animate the point control on top of the existing keyframes using something as simple as

refNull=thisComp.layer("XYZ").transform.position;

X=value[0]+refNull[0];
Y=value[1]+refNull[1];

[X,Y]

Mylenium

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Tracks And Positioning

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am messing around with the "CC Smear" Effect. And I made a path for the "From" Point and I want the "To" point's path to be the same but I still want to be able to move the point using keyframes while still having it be tracked to the track I made.

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Mylenium | Most Valuable Participant

Apply the track to a Null, reference the Null with a pickwhip expression in the effects controls, animate the point control on top of the existing keyframes using something as simple as

X=value[0]+refNull[0];
Y=value[1]+refNull[1];

[X,Y]

Mylenium

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 01, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

X=value[0]+refNull[0];
Y=value[1]+refNull[1];

[X,Y]

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 01, 2020 1