Copied

How can I create an animation to transform this shape:

Schermata 2020-08-29 alle 18.40.07.png

into this?

Schermata 2020-08-29 alle 18.40.13.png

Thx

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Byron Cortez | Adobe Community Professional

If what you want is to make the animation of that little leg of the R that is already created as a Shape Layer, I would make a pre-composition and use an animated mask to make it appear so that the little leg is growing little by little.

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Transforming shape

Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I create an animation to transform this shape:

Schermata 2020-08-29 alle 18.40.07.png

into this?

Schermata 2020-08-29 alle 18.40.13.png

Thx

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Byron Cortez | Adobe Community Professional

If what you want is to make the animation of that little leg of the R that is already created as a Shape Layer, I would make a pre-composition and use an animated mask to make it appear so that the little leg is growing little by little.

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 29, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 29, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would do that in Illustrator using Blend/Expand/Release to layers workflow explained in these tutorials. You can get a lot more predictable results in a lot less time than monkeying with masks, a lot more efficient than trying to animate a path, and completely predictable. Here are a couple of quick tutorials I made a long time ago. I've been using this technique to morph between shapes since you could create blend modes in Illustrator.

You'll need to break off the front leg of the R and probably make two or three drawings progressing to the last frame, but that's the way I would do it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 29, 2020 1