• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transparent Layer renders with harsh edges despite looking great in preview

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a top layer with a nice feathered transparency that renders with a harsh visble edge.

It looks great in preview, seemless. But when rendered in Media Encoder or nativly in AE, it turns hard and visible.

I have been unable to find the solution on my own. EDIT: 12 HOURS LATER I FIGURED IT OUT! the image I was using with the perfect feathered edge was created in photoshop with the photoshop eraser tool. As soon as I chose to use a different image and mask and feather it inside of After Effects I got the results I was looking for.

Included are screen shots with the preview looking fine and the render image looking bad.

Thanks

Screen Shot 2020-08-14 at 5.59.49 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-08-14 at 6.00.45 AM.jpg

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The preview resolution is set to "quarter" - you don't see the actual quality.

Set it to "full" and I bet you'll find your harsh edges in preview, too.

Work out the edges, until they are actual nicely feathered.

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your attention to my question. The screen cap I shared did show my preview at "quarter" but the issue I am struggling with continues to persist. Here is another example, at "full" resolution and even closer zoom. The edge in question is nice and seemless here, but when it renders it results in a harsh unblended line.

You can even see the harsh unblended edges in the small thumbnail of the Comp in the upper left corner of this screen cap.

Screen Shot 2020-08-14 at 12.23.23 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines