Trapcode Form with random color

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Is it true, that there isn't an option to give the particles in Trapcode Form a random color from the gradient?

This option exists in Particular, but I don't see it in Form.

Or is there another way?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Trapcode Form with random color

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Is it true, that there isn't an option to give the particles in Trapcode Form a random color from the gradient?

This option exists in Particular, but I don't see it in Form.

Or is there another way?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 24, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The easiest way to find the color maps is in the Designer. Check out the tutorials on Red Giant.com.

Screenshot_2020-08-24 14.38.14_1dfHwz.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah sure, but as I see in the screenshot, you set the color to be mapped over the Y axis. In the dropdown menu you can also chose:

- over X

- over Z

- radial

Unbenannt2.PNG

But the option I miss is "random from gradient", which exists in Trapcode Particular but not here.

Unbenannt.PNG

Is there another way, to give my particles a random color from a gradient?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No such thing. It's just a static particle field. However, given that these days thanks to the unified renderer and designer UI multiple instances can easily be combined to exist in the same space, nothing stops you from creating multiple custom maps. The same would even be required in particular if you used layer grid emitters, as some options preclude others. Otherwise perhaps this is the moment to consider a genuinely modular system like Stardust, where this stuff isn't plugged on as an afterthought like in Particular. That is of course if you realyl need it that desperately you would be willing to spring the extra cash.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks. Do you mean by multiple instances multiple Forms?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2020 0