Highlighted

Trapcode Particular - my logo/layer wont emit particles

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have after effects 2020 with trapcode particular, I set my emitter type, to "layer"

and then I have linked the "layer emitter" to my layer/logo.

I expect my logo to emit particles but, its like the particles are not

recognizing or linking to my logo. The particles do not respect the "shape" of my logo.

It seems like such an easy step and process when I watch tutorials,

yet my logo is not connecting properly with the particular and emitting particles from my logo shape.

Is this a AFX 2020 problem with trapcode? It doesnt seem like it, everything else works fine.

I also start up after effects with "run as integrated driver" option, which i also dont believe

would be affecting this. 

Anyone have any suggestions or thoughts?
I just want to get my logo to emit particles with particular.

THANKYOU  : )

Topics

Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Trapcode Particular - my logo/layer wont emit particles

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have after effects 2020 with trapcode particular, I set my emitter type, to "layer"

and then I have linked the "layer emitter" to my layer/logo.

I expect my logo to emit particles but, its like the particles are not

recognizing or linking to my logo. The particles do not respect the "shape" of my logo.

It seems like such an easy step and process when I watch tutorials,

yet my logo is not connecting properly with the particular and emitting particles from my logo shape.

Is this a AFX 2020 problem with trapcode? It doesnt seem like it, everything else works fine.

I also start up after effects with "run as integrated driver" option, which i also dont believe

would be affecting this. 

Anyone have any suggestions or thoughts?
I just want to get my logo to emit particles with particular.

THANKYOU  : )

Topics

Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked the User Guide: https://www.redgiant.com/user-guide/trapcode-particular/emitter-layer-emitter/?

Did you properly set things up with your 3D logo layer?

Screenshot_2020-04-06 10.31.31_LTuIJ6.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Rick that you should look up tutorials directly on Red Giant's site. There's a video tutorial on their site specifically for this. 

It doesn't sound like this is your issue, one of the biggest "gotchas" about layer emitters is that you typically need to turn the particle count MUCH higher to get visible results, so it's not uncommon for someone to get it linked up properly, but then see no particles (because they have too few) and think they've done something incorrectly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines