Highlighted

Trapcode Sound Keys issue - Unable to open AE project?

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello
Just tried to open an AE project from 6 months ago which I need to continue with, trying to open I am greeted with warning 'Trapcode Sound Keys: Project or Favourite contains sequence data with wrong size.' Then holds and can't continue.
Tried opening in AE 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017 and same each time.
I was using Trapcode Sound Keys throughout project.
Any clues?
Thanks
Ian

Topics

Error or problem, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Trapcode Sound Keys issue - Unable to open AE project?

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello
Just tried to open an AE project from 6 months ago which I need to continue with, trying to open I am greeted with warning 'Trapcode Sound Keys: Project or Favourite contains sequence data with wrong size.' Then holds and can't continue.
Tried opening in AE 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017 and same each time.
I was using Trapcode Sound Keys throughout project.
Any clues?
Thanks
Ian

Topics

Error or problem, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start by disabling rendering/ evaluation by opening your project with capslock enabled. Also verify that you are using the exact same version of Soundkeys you may have used way back then and that any assets, i.e. sound files referenced in teh effect are actually intact and available.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mylenium

I think all sorted now.  I was able to get into the project by using Command+Esc keys togther and clicking on the OK of the warning,  and once inside projcet, AE must have then referenced the new updated SoundKeys,  as I had used the earlier version of the plugin when I had last worked on the project back in 2019.

Relief! 

Thanks Ian 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines