Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trim Paths in Shape Layers

Participant ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am new to After Effects. I am studying how to make Trim paths with Shape Layers. Want to know if can I make the path more looking like a brush not a line. And want to know how to fill insede a cube with color? Now I only can draw the cube lines, but don't know how to fill inside the cube. Does anybody know a good tutorial about this issue?

Want to fill both cubes - image attach

Take Care,

Fernando Alves
Editor
TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can do all that, but not easily and you basically forefeit shape layers. Roughening up lines can easily be done using Roughen Edges or similar effects and all sorts of fancy fills can be animated using masks or transition effects. It's more about understanding traditional painting and animation techniques as wel las using 3D layers, pre-composing and so on. You surely can find tons of tutorials on each individual techniques, but I'm not aware of a specific one that would cover your exact scenario. At any rate, just focusing on shape layers won't suffice.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines