Highlighted

Trouble creating a stereoscopic VR picture in AE

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello dear Adobe forum. I have big problems when it comes to creating a VR picture in AfterEffects. Without finding succifient help from previous questions on forums, Adobe user manuals and Youtube films, I turn to you for assistance as my desperate hope to finally solve this.

I have 360 captured a photograph which I have edited in Photoshop into three layers: one forground layer, one background layer, and one cloud and sky layer. 

I imagined it would be possible to create these layers as separated cubemaps in AE and adjust the size to be able to create the illution of depth in stereoscopic view (foreground layer - small size, background layer - medium size, and sky layer - big size). I manage to create these as individual cubemaps (see attached picture), but to export these as a stereoscopic VR picture, goes far beyond me. 
I have tried to create a VR Master without success, but a lot of confusion because of all the folders and attachements which happens. I have tried to create a Camera Stereo 3D rig, but I don't feel this is the way to go. I feel the right way to go is to create a VR environment, but I am a not super experienced in AE and a complete beginner to VR in AE. I don't own Mettle and it would be nice to survive without.

I have also activated Adobe Immersive Environemnt, but it doesn't give me the option of choosing stereoscopic 360, only 360 monoscopic and some other options I don't feel are relevant.

I have connected a Oculus Rift S through steam, so I am able to follow the progression through VR glasses. 

I would be very grateful for your help and inputs.

August

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Trouble creating a stereoscopic VR picture in AE

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello dear Adobe forum. I have big problems when it comes to creating a VR picture in AfterEffects. Without finding succifient help from previous questions on forums, Adobe user manuals and Youtube films, I turn to you for assistance as my desperate hope to finally solve this.

I have 360 captured a photograph which I have edited in Photoshop into three layers: one forground layer, one background layer, and one cloud and sky layer. 

I imagined it would be possible to create these layers as separated cubemaps in AE and adjust the size to be able to create the illution of depth in stereoscopic view (foreground layer - small size, background layer - medium size, and sky layer - big size). I manage to create these as individual cubemaps (see attached picture), but to export these as a stereoscopic VR picture, goes far beyond me. 
I have tried to create a VR Master without success, but a lot of confusion because of all the folders and attachements which happens. I have tried to create a Camera Stereo 3D rig, but I don't feel this is the way to go. I feel the right way to go is to create a VR environment, but I am a not super experienced in AE and a complete beginner to VR in AE. I don't own Mettle and it would be nice to survive without.

I have also activated Adobe Immersive Environemnt, but it doesn't give me the option of choosing stereoscopic 360, only 360 monoscopic and some other options I don't feel are relevant.

I have connected a Oculus Rift S through steam, so I am able to follow the progression through VR glasses. 

I would be very grateful for your help and inputs.

August

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 26, 2020 0

Have something to add?